An Israeli journal of creative writing in English
Submissions to The Ilanot Review
The Ilanot Review will accept submissions for the Spring 2012 edition from
Dec. 1 2011- March 31,2012
Theme: Translation & Transformation
Translation: Original translations of work by Middle Eastern writers and poets. Previously unpublished translations preferred. Please include the original poem/story in PDF format.
Transformation: Movement from one state to another, whether, physical, metaphysical, spiritual, or abstract.
We welcome submissions in English from all translators,
and from all writers who live or have sojourned in Israel:
- Poetry – please submit all work + bio in a single Word file. Submit up to four poems, with one poem per page. Poets: Please include your contact information on each page.
- Fiction – a short story of up to 5,000 words
- Creative non-fiction – an essay of up to 5,000 words
- Memoir – a personal essay of up to 5,000 words
- Travel writing – an essay of up to 5,000 words
- Flash fiction – short shorts -between 250-500 words
Submissions should be in Times New Roman font, 12 pt. Please include a short bio with your submission. We will consider simultaneous submissions provided that you indicate this upon submission and retract your work immediately if it is accepted for publication elsewhere.